Is a full body check-up for you, now that you have reached a certain milestone in life? Absolutely! All men and women should have a medical screening done regularly even when you feel perfectly fine. You can detect any health conditions and diseases or detect any cancer markers early, enabling you to get treatment earlier, increasing your chances of overcoming the illness.
Learn more about our affordable Health Screening & Blood test packages here.
Basic Screening Plan for Regular health check
- Present complaints (if any) / Full history taking including past medical, family, social & drug history
- Review of entire body system
- Biometrics Parameters (Blood pressure / Body Mass Index or BMI / Height & Weight / Visual Acuity check)
- Urine analysis (Urine FEME- Full Examination, Microscopic Examination)
- Full Blood Count & Detailed Haematology ESR: Complete Haematological parameters profile / Blood Tests (Haemoglobin/ White Blood Cell/ Differential Count/ PCV/ Platelets/ Red Blood Cell/ Red Cell Indices: MCV, MCH, MCHC/ Peripheral Blood Film: PBF/ Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate or ESR)
- Biochemistry (uric acid for Gout)
- Diabetes screen (Fasting Blood Glucose)
- Coronary Risk: Detailed Lipid/Cholesterol profile (Total Cholesterol/ Cholesterol HDL/ Cholesterol LDL/ HDL Ratio/ Triglycerides)
- Venereal disease screening/ Syphilis Screen/VD Screen (Syphilis TP Ab Screen)/ VDRL (RPR) & TPPA (if Syphilis TP Ab screen is reactive)
- Hepatitis Bs Ab/Ag screening (Hepatitis Bs Antigen/ Hepatitis Bs Antibody)
- Detailed liver function test / Liver Screen (Bilirubin/ Protein/ Albumin/ Globulin/ A/G Ratio/ SGPT / SGOT / Alkaline Phosphatase/ GGT)
- Stool analysis (Stool Occult Blood)
- Discussion and interpretation of physical findings and laboratory results
- Recommendations and health education by our doctor
- Medical follow-up and direct referrels to other specialists' services if necessary
Please seek Medical attention as soon as possible if you are unsure of you or your family's health condition.
Heart Health - Coronary Heart Disease, Learn what is Angina and Stroke, as well as How to Lower Cholesterol
Sinopharm COVID-19 & Latest Influenza Vaccines (Protects against Flu and H1N1 Viruses) / Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Swab & Serology Tests for Travellers, Serology Testing to Certify Vaccination status and Pre-Event COVID Testing. Make your Appointment at Tel: 6694 1661
Flu Subsidy Scheme eligible for Singaporeans & PRs (Pay subsidized rate of $10 for Consultation and Treatment) & Merdeka Generation /Pioneer Generation seniors (Pay subsidized $5) for patients with Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs).
Health Assessment & Screening Packages
Part of MOH's Swab & Go Home programme. Our clinic can carry out the COVID-19 Swab test for anyone who meets the MOH medical criteria. All individuals aged 13 and above, diagnosed with ARI will be COVID Swab-tested. Cost of Swab test to be borne by Ministry of Health Singapore.
Part of the National Influenza Sentinel Surveillance programme with MOH. If you have a fever of > 38 degrees with a cough, our clinic is able to test for COVID-19. For children below 12 years old with clinical diagnosis of HFMD (eg fever, oral ulcers, rash), our clinic can test for Hand Foot & Mouth Disease (The tests are for surveillance purposes only).
Hypertension Symptoms & Treatment, Blood Pressure monitoring, BP Chart
Sinopharm COVID-19 Vaccine in Singapore
Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV vaccine has now been approved for use by private clinics in Singapore against the COVID-19 virus under the Special Access Route. It is the first China-made vaccine to be approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
To date, more than a billion doses of the Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV have been administered. The vaccine has also been approved for use in over 50 countries around the world.
If you would like to receive the Sinopharm vaccine or booster, please make your appointment at MD Int'l Medical Centre at Tel: 6694 1661.
Effects of COVID-19 on the Brain
COVID Symptoms to watch out for:
SARS-CoV-2 Virus Infection of Human Organ Tissues through Cell ACE-2 Receptors:
mRNA Vaccines Possible Adverse Reactions or Side Effects (source: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778441)
Groups at Higher Risk for Severe Illness in a COVID-19 Infection
Comorbidities & Underlying Health Conditions in COVID-19 Patients with Complications
(Ref: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41430-020-0642-3.pdf, Dailymail.co.uk, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32320003/, Comorbidity and its impact on 1590 patients with Covid-19 in China: A Nationwide Analysis https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/early/2020/03/17/13993003.00547-2020
Co-infection of COVID-19 with other infectious diseases is possible.
Reduce your risk of getting sick with COVID-19
Asymptomatic patients may not display no symptoms of illness. Vulnerable people should get vaccinated against Influenza as the stop gap until the COVID vaccine is found. The Flu vaccine would protect susceptible people from, as well as exclude the Flu and H1N1 viruses should they start to show URTI or ARI symptoms.
- Latest Influenza Vaccine
The latest Influenza Vaccine is now available. It protects against the Flu and H1N1 Viruses. In the event that a person displays flu-like symptoms after the Flu vaccination, both Flu and H1N1 may be excluded in his diagnosis, and treatment can be sought quickly should the patient have contracted COVID-19.
Ministry of Health Safety protocols are adhered to at all times for the safe vaccination of you and your family.
Healthy Diets for Optimal Health
Public Health Preparedness Clinic
National University Health System Primary Care Network
Singapore Ministry of Health Chronic Disease Management Programme (CDMP)
What causes wellness | Sir Harry Burns | TEDxGlasgow
How can meaning and purpose contribute to one's wellbeing? Sir Harry
Burns explores the concept of salutogenesis and the impact it has on the
most disadvantaged members of our community.
As the former Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for Scotland, the Scottish Government’s Principal Medical Adviser and Head of the Scottish Medical Civil Service, Sir Harry is dedicated to improving people’s health and social well being.
In 1994, he became Director of Public Health for Greater Glasgow Health board, a position he occupied until 2005. During this time, he continued research into the problems of social determinants of health, and later in 1998, was lead clinician in Scotland for cancer care.
The information provided in this website is for knowledge purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice.
Should you encounter any medical problem that you are unsure of, always consult your doctor or health care provider for assistance and medical advice.
MD International (Singapore) Pte Ltd
9 Taman Serasi #01-11, Botanic Gardens View
Tel : 65-6694-1661 Fax : 65-6694 1771
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday to Friday: 9am-12.30pm / 2pm-6.30pm Saturday: 9.30am-1pm
*Last registration is 30mins before the closing time
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
- Cashless service with most International Insurance companies and Insurance Medical cards are accepted
- Japanese & Mandarin-speaking Doctors and Medical staff
Please contact us at Tel: 6694 1661 to make an appointment.
MBBS (Monash), B Med Sc (Hons) (Monash), Dip Pract Derm (Wales, UK)
The Chiropractic Association Singapore, Japan Chiropractic Register, American Chiropractic Association, California Chiropractic Association
Physiotherapy-trained NBCE The National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Dr Lee Sao Bing – Opthalmologist (in-house Specialist)
MBBS, MMed(Ophth), FRCSEd(Ophth), MD, FAMS
Dr Pang Yoke Teen – ENT (Visiting Consultant)
FRCS (ORL), FRCS(EDIN), (FRCSGLASG), FAMS, MBBS
· Injection for Supraspinatus or Bicipital Tendonitis / Epicondylitis / Trigger finger / Plantar Fasciitis
· Tendon Sheath Injection
· Excision of small Skin tumours / Lipomas / Nail bed / Ear lobe cysts / Meibomian cyst
· Removal of Skin sutures / Skin tags / Sebaceous cysts / Various foreign bodies / Corneal foreign body
· Liquid Nitrogen Therapy
· Treatment of Plantar Warts / Calluses / Corns / Ganglions
· Splinters under nails
· Olecranon and Pre-patellar Bursitis
· Ear syringing
· Embedded earring stud
Oct 18, 21 06:22 AM
Allergies are sensitive reactions that occur when the body’s immune system reacts in any unusual way to foods, airborne dust, animal hair, dust mites and pollens.
Oct 18, 21 06:18 AM
Learn the Signs and Symptoms of Chronic Neurological Disorders. Seek medical attention as soon as possible if you are unsure of your medical condition.
Oct 18, 21 06:07 AM
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease of the joints, usually the smaller joints in the body. Not always a disabling condition, it can be controlled with medicine.